Apple DVD player not ejecting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
I was doing photos to DVD and on my 5 th DVD, I notice DVD pop out and back in, then it disappeared from Finder and I have no way to ejected it.. looking for ejection pin on DVD base and dont see it. How do I eject my dvd disk out of player?? I have portable DVD player that plugs usb into this laptop.
Thanks

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Try using Disk Utility. Open Disk Utility and look in the list of things at the left side. If there is a DVD there you should be able to right-click on the icon and choose eject.

Another alternative is to try and eject the disk during bootup. Restart the Mac and press the mouse button as soon as you hear the chime. I believe this also works with the trackpad as long as you use the same gesture used for a single click.

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Never mind, I post to early after I did research and use Disk Utility ..Bingo... Thanks.... Sludude, I see. your post... Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know which portable USB DVD player you have, but all the ones that I have seen and the two that I own, each have a small hole in the front. A bent paper clip end can be inserted in the hole and that will manually eject the disk. You do have to push the paper clip end in with a bit of force but it works even if the power is not applied to the DVD player.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You're welcome. Glad to know that worked. I was writing that from memory so I wasn't 100% sure if that worked anymore.

BTW Some drives do not have visible ejection pins. Look for a small hole on the right front side of the CD/DVD tray. The hole is about the diameter of a paperclip. Straighten one end of the paperclipand insert it into that hole. A bit of pressure there should release the disc. There are are two or three different diameters of wire/metal used in paperclips. One is two big and one of the others barely fints into the hole but works.

Kudos to Charlie for beating me to that info as usual.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey two genius replies are better than one! ;D

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont have a small hole to use with paper clip, It works using Disk Utility.. Thanks for help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.