Website Improvements/Upgrades.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
A quick heads-up to let everyone know that the site will be undergoing some improvements/upgrades approximately 24 hours from now. The improvements/upgrades are related to site security...and should not result in any sort of visible changes to the site...but "under-the-hood" the site will be much more secure & protected.:)

During these improvements the site will most likely experience some downtime...which may last as little as 10 minutes...or up to a few hours. Wanted to let everyone know...just in case the site is down when you stop by for a visit.

Thanks very much for your patience.:)

Mac-Forums Staff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Thanks for the heads up.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Oh great. Long lie in.

Or perhaps not, given the time difference. Well, I'll just have to find something else to do............... Not housework, please.................

Seriously, many thanks to you all for keeping us going and for making it safer to do so.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Thanks for the heads up. Oh, and like Ian, housework will not be one of my choices to amuse myself with while we wait. ;D . My Husband is well aware he did NOT marry a domestic goddess!

Lisa

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey everyone. The planned site security upgrade that was supposed to take place over the weekend ended up not taking place. Needed to gather some additional info. All good now...probably going to try to get it in place sometime about 12 hours from now (Tuesday 11/20/18). Wanted to do a 24 hour heads up...but with the Thanksgiving holiday in the US very soon...wanted to do things ASAP before folks start bugging-out for the holiday & long weekend.

There should be minimal site downtime...but just in case there is some site downtime & it lasts longer than predicted...if you see the site down...the site security upgrade should be the reason.

Thanks,

Mac-Forums Staff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good luck! I had to upgrade our church site to meet the HTTPS - secure site requirements. That was fun. I still have some interesting issues with one random link that won't work right. And for some reason if you input www before our website address it does not work. I have been elevated to a senior senior tech as our host has no idea why it is not working.

Lisa

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hey Lisa, if you get tired of all that techie stuff, I have an idea for you. Someone who shall remain nameless has come up with a whole slew of "suggestions" that I need to take care of this week. If some trusting soul would volunteer to take care of these things I'd be eternally thankful. It is of course approaching Thanksgiving so I'm willing to practice the spirit of the holiday. lol.

BTW I assure you that the fact some ofthese "suggestions" involve cleaninng up had no bearing whatsoever on making this suggestion.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have been elevated to a senior senior tech as our host has no idea why it is not working.

LOL, what is a "senior senior" tech? Or rather, who is mad at you at your church? :p

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
BTW I assure you that the fact some ofthese "suggestions" involve cleaninng up had no bearing whatsoever on making this suggestion.

Hey Sly... have you been nipping at some "holiday cheer" ahead of the holiday? Or has that bouncing ball finally got to you? LOL.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been elevated to a senior senior tech as our host has no idea why it is not working.

I seem to remember your IT Department had just one employee!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL, what is a "senior senior" tech? Or rather, who is mad at you at your church? :p

This is with our hosting company that houses our website. English is not their first language (it was when I contracted with them!) Anyway, that is what I interpreted them as saying when I talked to the first person's supervisor who passed me to a senior tech who then said the person above them would respond to the trouble ticket on my issue. RIGHT... still waiting and with the holidays well right now I don't care.

As for church and mad at me??? I got stuck with the project of changing all our sanctuary lighting over to LED's. Not sure where that fits into my job description - AT ALL. Talk about a learning experience....
As the single tech - I seem to be absorbing the electrical problems department too....just because my husband is an electrical inspector (but he is not licensed to work in Indiana so he can't do the work.)

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sly - you will have to suck it up. Remember - happy wife, happy life! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lisa

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
@Charlie, Haven't indulged in any holiday beverages yet. I was just hoping I could slip that in without someone noticing.If you're free I'm sure Lisa wouldn't mind if you take her place.

@Lisa Sunday I spent several hours on the phone with tech support for one of the wholesale club stores. We were trying to correct a problem that I first brought to their attention almost two years ago. Ten to twelve calls later, almost foour hours on the phone, and talking to several reps we finally have a solution I can live with but no idea what caused the original problem.

Still waiting to hear from the tech guy who was supposed to call me two years ago. Hope it doesn't take you that long to get things sorted out.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Remember - happy wife, happy life! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

LOL, my wife and daughter are getting ready right now to do some holiday shopping. And believe me, that's a dangerous duo for our budget. But you're right, gotta keep them happy! :p

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

And be sure to read Psalm 100.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
This is the second time I have had to change my password today, what's going on?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is the second time I have had to change my password today, what's going on?

No idea why Bob, but I suspect that it may be because of the site security upgrade. I haven't had to change mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Psalm 100 - Perfect - A psalm of thanksgiving.

And to be specific:

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

Wishing everyone a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No idea why Bob, but I suspect that it may be because of the site security upgrade. I haven't had to change mine.
It just did it again?

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Not sure here either. Just like Charlie...I haven't been asked to change mine.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.