Mac with software not in App Store

Reaction score
I’ve been trying for about 3 days to download the software for my Boss GT-100 guitar processor by Roland. I’ve gone back and forth with Roland Support and Apple support still no luck. I found out the reason I can’t download it is because it’s not software from the App Store. I’ve tried using the unlock in the system security and it still gets blocked.

If there is anyone, ANYONE, who can help I would be much appreciative. I was using the High Sierra, but did the upgrade to Mojave. I just want to be able to download ready made patches so I don’t have to spend hours doing it myself and just play.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Are you saying that the software won't even download to your Mac? Or, that it downloads but won't open since it's blocked? Please clarify so we can answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Post the download link.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So in Security & Privacy, you've set the Allow Apps to be Downloaded from: to Anywhere?

This should allow the files to be downloaded without any issues. If the developer is unsigned, then you'll get another warning and will have to allow the launch to proceed from the Security & Privacy page again. s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Could SIP be interfering? They made changes in Mojave. The article below talks about the changes. The section entitled "Security Changes: Gatekeeper and SIP" discusses the changes.

https://blog.macsales.com/46084-a-guide-to-the-new-mojave-security-and-privacy-protections

It does not say how to solve the issue. Looks more like apple is laying the problem back on the app developer to fix their app. Disabling SIP is not something I would recommend.

Lisa

OP
G
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn’t clear

Welcome to our forums.

Are you saying that the software won't even download to your Mac? Or, that it downloads but won't open since it's blocked? Please clarify so we can answer.

Yes it’s on my computer, but the computer shows it’s not there. I can see it, but when I go to open it with the system security window open it says it was blocked. When I downloaded the drivers it was successful. I’m sorry I didn’t clarify my frustration. Logic Pro X is the program I use the most. There are a couple of others but that one the most.

Thank you for your quick response

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
What about your Mac type, model year, and macOS version?

What specific version of the driver are you downloading?

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks Lisa that’s just what the Apple help desk told me. Thanks for your response

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Could SIP be interfering? … ... Disabling SIP is not something I would recommend.
Lisa
Thanks Lisa that’s just what the Apple help desk told me. Thanks for your response

Nothing wrong with disabling SIP, do the necessary install(s) and then enable SIP.

It's just a bit inconvenient and time-consuming but sure won't damage or harm anything. Then hopefully the OP can then get on with their work and do what they were expecting to do.

If not sure how:
How to turn off System Integrity Protection in macOS
https://www.imore.com/how-turn-system-integrity-protection-macos

- Patrick
======

OP
G
Reaction score
Thank you Patrick. I’m definitely going to try this out. I’ll let you know how it turns out. This sounds very promising.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.