I need help with getting windows to work.

Reaction score
I currently have linux mint installed on my mac. I also uninstalled mac os because it's bad. So I don't think I can use bootcamp to fix it. I installed windows and I get this error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (igdkmd64.sys)
How can I fix this?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You have to use Bootcamp to install Windows on your machine because you'll want to use that to partition the drive and also have the drivers needed to make Windows work. If you're not going to use Bootcamp (or can't) you might be a tough spot. Since I would NEVER dream of running Windows, I have no practical information beyond this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I currently have linux mint installed on my mac. I also uninstalled mac os because it's bad. So I don't think I can use bootcamp to fix it. I installed windows and I get this error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (igdkmd64.sys)
How can I fix this?

"to fix it" Fix what?

When you say you uninstalled mac OS 'because it's bad" Did you you mean bad as in you didn't get on with it so got rid of it or bad as in something had gone wrong with it?

Have you already tried googling "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (igdkmd64.sys)". Seems to be lots of advice available on this error and it's causes/solutions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.