View My Post

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just tried this again to be sure. I used to get a screen like Dennis's in post 11. Now I get Bob's screen (post 16). I have to enter my name of coourse instead of his but you get the idea. It has been this way since the forum change and perhaps slightly before.

Makes me wonder if just us Admins are getting the proper page. There was another person besides Charlie that got what I posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
It looks like Rod Sprague gets it in post #13. He’s a “premium member”, which I know everyone says doesn’t matter, but it seems to.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like Rod Sprague gets it in post #13. He’s a “premium member”, which I know everyone says doesn’t matter, but it seems to.

Premium members at one time were given the ad-free skin and a choice of using other skins which were not available to everyone. Staff members also have access to the ad-free skin but according to Slydude, he isn't seeing what Dennis nor I am seeing. Still a mystery.

We'll have to ask other Premium members if they can see their own posts. I'm trying to remember who are the other Premium members are that post often. I believe Lisa is a Premium Member. We'll have to ask her what she's seeing.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I'm too lazy to post a screen shot but that's not what mine looks like. I definitely see "my posts" and then below that "advanced search" just as Dennis described.

I'm wondering now if that particular view is only for Staff members?

@Ashwin, Slydude,

What do you guys see?

I see what Bob sees, and if I enter the random word I get the results. However, i get all the threads that I started, not threads I posted in (which used to be the way it used to work). I used to use the My Posts link the past to see if any of the threads I posted on had updates to which I could add or not.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I'm a Premium Member and clicking on "My Posts" brings up a simple list of those - as always.

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.32.43 pm?.png

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Whilst we're on "changed or unusual" features:

Anyone noticed that all our Mac Specs are in triplicate?

Ian

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Looks like the My Posts links now works as I remember it too and I also see the Moderated Posts/Threads links that I wasn't before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Looks like the My Posts links now works as I remember it too and I also see the Moderated Posts/Threads links that I wasn't before.
Seconded. I just tried on my iPad and I got only posts I replied to. No more Advanced Search boxes.

I know this isn’t the thread for forum issues, but I also noticed, the New Posts page is back to normal and removing viewed threads.

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
Same here Dennis. I don't believe anything has changed unless I'm misunderstanding what Ron is seeing and what he's expecting.

I m getting the same as Ferrarr but today MY Post is working. Not sure why. Maybe its because I change my passwords
Thanks for help

Last edited:
OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
WHen I did it on my iPad, Advanced Search was open, with all the option boxes, and the “captcha” box too. My posts were not on the page.

Edit: Here’s my screen grab.

View attachment 28492

Thats exact what I m getting but today it works...wondering !! Ferrarr, is yours working ok now??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I get exactly the same view you get in your #16 post. Except of course mine shows my "exact username".

I don't know what it should look like as I would normally access my posts from my profile page.

- Patrick
======

Clicking on the "My Posts" tab today now displays all the posts as I would expect them too. So I'd say it's working for me at least.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats exact what I m getting but today it works...wondering !! Ferrarr, is yours working ok now??
Yes, see my post #28. All is well again. Well, maybe not all, but most didn’t sound right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.