Mac-Forums Issues Thread

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
As a followup to the above post:Not all of my posts are showing if I use the search page to search for my posts. A quick glance shows no posts from late April to just a few days ago.

Edit: On cloeser inspection the posts in the list that is generated re not in chronological order so they may still be there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
As a followup to the above post:Not all of my posts are showing if I use the search page to search for my posts. A quick glance shows no posts from late April to just a few days ago.

Edit: On cloeser inspection the posts in the list that is generated re not in chronological order so they may still be there.

I dare say: Has this forum's search functions ever worked properly?? I gave up trying to use most of it ages ago and used google instead — that worked quite well!!

- Patrick
======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've never liked the search function on several forums. My bet is they were all using some version of VBulletin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've never liked the search function on several forums. My bet is they were all using some version of VBulletin.

I think you're right Sly as the layouts all seem to be familiar.

And maybe one needs to be a good programmer to figure out how to use the search function properly.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I think you're right Sly as the layouts all seem to be familiar.

And maybe one needs to be a good programmer to figure out how to use the search function properly.

EDIT:
Maybe that thought is reinforced with the subject that results with a google search on 'Powered by vBulletin' like this one???:
Try Website Toolbox Instead | Tired Of vBulletin Complexity?‎
Adwww.websitetoolbox.com/‎

That's a good summary I'd say, at least for the "search" functions of things 'Powered by vBulletin'!!!

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
I hadn't noticed that but they aren't there for me either. They are in my profile just not showing in the post. Doesn't appear to be a Safari issue since they aren't showing in Opera either.

My Opera is working fine, I have problem with Safari using Facebook, I can only read 3 posts and the rest is blank, its been like that for long time so using Opera for FB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Any idea as to when we will start to see our system specs in our posts again?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

That hopefully will be resolved in an update which we're working on. There are other things that need to be resolved first. For now, place your specs in your signature line so they show up each time you post.

We also need to figure out why your profile is not allowing us to show your Avatar. I suspect that we may have to unregister you and register you again as new. I hate to attempt to do that as it always leads to other problems.

We were lucky with Jake when the data base lost his registration. In his case, I was able to rebuild his profile and reregister him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
That hopefully will be resolved in an update which we're working on. There are other things that need to be resolved first. For now, place your specs in your signature line so they show up each time you post.

We also need to figure out why your profile is not allowing us to show your Avatar. I suspect that we may have to unregister you and register you again as new. I hate to attempt to do that as it always leads to other problems.

We were lucky with Jake when the data base lost his registration. In his case, I was able to rebuild his profile and reregister him.
Ok, I can do that.

Thanks for keeping me informed about my avatar issue.

Edit: Looks like I can't do that either. I get the message that I don't have room for it.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Edit: Looks like I can't do that either. I get the message that I don't have room for it.

I'll take a look. Maybe we can expand that space for you. Don't know if I can or not.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@Bob:

I expanded your sig line and added your specs. Go ahead and make any changes you need the normal way and if they don't take, I'll change them for you. However, I think it should work now.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

As chscag mentioned we are working on it. Looks like the creative solution Charlie mentioned about putting specs in the signature got it done.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@Bob:

I expanded your sig line and added your specs. Go ahead and make any changes you need the normal way and if they don't take, I'll change them for you. However, I think it should work now.
Great, thanks. That'll work for now.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Creative solution. Why didn't I think of that? Guess that's why Nick and Charlie are paid admin bucks.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello All. I'm pleased to report that the "Your Mac's Spec's" info should now be visible once more!:)

For members who have not entered this info in your Mac-Forums profile. This info can be very helpful when questions are asked...since your computer specifications (and installed macOS version) can really help speed up helpful reply info.

Apologies once more for the delay getting this info visible again. Thanks for your patience.:)

The Mac-Forums Staff

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hello All. I'm pleased to report that the "Your Mac's Spec's" info should now be visible once more!:)

For members who have not entered this info in your Mac-Forums profile. This info can be very helpful when questions are asked...since your computer specifications (and installed macOS version) can really help speed up helpful reply info.

Apologies once more for the delay getting this info visible again. Thanks for your patience.:)

The Mac-Forums Staff

Way to go Nick. Was trying to find it for you but the one I kept finding was for 3.0 of VB. Way to go.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looks pretty good. Amazing how you miss seeing that info when it's not there!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for getting that sorted out.

Now, if we could only get more members to actually use all those options, as it makes answering (some) questions easier?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Looks pretty good. Amazing how you miss seeing that info when it's not there!:)

- Nick

Yes it does look great. Glad they still make the Mod for the newer VB.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.