Problem installing HP LaserJet printer p1102w on a MAC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I'll let you know how I do and if I have any follow up questions.

If you haven't used it, you may find the following helpful:
HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup

Or more specifically:
Setting up the printer on a wireless network (Mac)
https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c02847467

If the printer is not presciently working the way you want, it may be a good idea to delete it all and start over again using the guide.

Take care travelling and have a good safe trip. Still lots of snow and slippery ice around on most BC Roads.

PS: if you prefer good instructional videos as I do, give this a watch and listen and it's actually easier than it appears:
http://www.supportvideos.ext.hp.com...mavericks-using-a-wireless-network-connection

Depending on your OS X version, You may not even have to connect the printer to your Mac with a USB cable, but just Select and use Bonjour to select the printer, and the software may just download and install automatically on its own.

A Restart of the Mac may be required. Just to be sure.

- Patrick
======

Last edited:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I can get mine connected in less than 30 seconds. Does your router have a WPS button? If so press it then press the WPS button on the HP. The blue light will blink then go solid when it connects to WiFi. Works here with 4 different routers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's a nice printer, it's just too bad I could never get it to work right with the router setup I had at the time. The routers that are used with FIOS are proprietary and only work with that system. The router not only provides WiFi but it also provides signals to the FIOS TV setup. Without those signals, the FIOS cable box doesn't work right.

I could never get the HP 1102W to lock on to the WiFi signal. And the FIOS routers have no WPS button. :sd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 MB Air, M1
Chicago, every once in awhile, I have problems with the printer connecting to the network. However, in my setup, every HP printer I have (2) puts out its own "network", available to be joined. I click on THAT network, and boom...prints every time.

This doesn't happen very often though.

EDIT: sorry about the "Chicago"...**** autocorrect.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That's a nice printer, it's just too bad I could never get it to work right with the router setup I had at the time. The routers that are used with FIOS are proprietary and only work with that system. The router not only provides WiFi but it also provides signals to the FIOS TV setup. Without those signals, the FIOS cable box doesn't work right.

I could never get the HP 1102W to lock on to the WiFi signal. And the FIOS routers have no WPS button. :sd

I am glad then I never had that FIOS here with that router. It would drive me crazy as I have a few things that need the WPS button to connect!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.