Localhost forbidden

Reaction score
I used to have a working localhost, but somehow it doesn't work anymore.

I followed dozens of different website on how to start the thing but I keep getting the sam error: 403 forbidden.

Can anyone help my to get tis the,ng working again?

I run Mac OS Sierra.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Localhost is an alias to the IP address 127.0.0.1 (i.e., your local machine)

Since you are posting this question in the Web hosting sub-forum, I presume had a web server running that responded to requests. So you'll need to run that again.

Please detail exactly WHAT you are trying to do and we can tell you the fastest way to get there.

I do local development on a variety of technologies from Rails to Flask.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm trying to run a PHP server, so I can test my website. I had one running, but I think that was before I upgraded to Sierra.

I have been looking around the Internet and tried a lot of suggestions, but none worked. I keep getting the same message: 403 forbidden.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Thank you for that extra info and member cradom gave you a link that will work if you want muck underneath the covers. But frankly if what you've ready is confusing you, you might want to take the easy path which is to install MAMP. This is a one-click package that will give you an Apache, MySQL and PHP environment very quickly. You will also get phpMyAdmin to manage the MySQL DB.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but it still doesn't work. I just installed MAMP and I'll see how that goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.