Max hard drive size for MBP A1278?

OP
M
Reaction score
I got El Capitan to install from Apple download, not understanding why it didn't install from disk?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I am using an external drive, nothing wrong with it as I had loaded lion from it. Disk is good. There has to be a reason why IR was showing Lion as the OSX and it would not load from original SL disc which the specs show as the original OSX?

Lord it never ends with macs, does it? Tried upgrading to High Sierra but "we could not complete your purchase. This update requires MacOS version 10.8 or later so best option if possible would be for me to install Mountain Lion then upgrade to high sierra but if the system is not loading any other OSX above lion then.....

Well I'm completely confused trying to understand everything that's going on here and BTW: what is "IR" and how can any Mac boot from an earlier unsupported version??

That mac needs SL 10.6.6 as a minimum and no Lion 10.5 x version should even think of working or booting.

Too many strange and unsupported things happening here for me thanks…

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I got El Capitan to install from Apple download, not understanding why it didn't install from disk?

I'm sure not going to ask how or anything…

Is this thread all done and finished now??? :Mischievous:

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.