can't find keyboard or mouse

Reaction score
Morning all

Booted up my computer this morning for it to tell me that it can't find my keyboard and my mouse (USB) is not working either. Thankfully my Wacom tablet is working so I could easily click restart. But rebooting didn't change anything either.

I believe it might have happened yesterday too, as I couldn't enter my password at first, but was only for a few seconds.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm stumped as to what to try

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
What keyboard and mouse are you using? Do either of them need to be charged?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on and that the small icon is showing in your top menu. You can click on that small icon and it will show you the status of your keyboard and mouse.

OP
B
Reaction score
What keyboard and mouse are you using? Do either of them need to be charged?

The keyboard is the one that came with the computer. It says it is searching for Cammizen's keyboard?? No, the mouse doesn't need to be charged. The keyboard should be ok too

OP
B
Reaction score
Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on and that the small icon is showing in your top menu. You can click on that small icon and it will show you the status of your keyboard and mouse.

Well I haven't changed anything and it was ok yesterday. But I can't log in to my computer as I can't type in password, so can't check. At the moment I'm on hubby's computer.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Do you have a wired keyboard that could be used temporarily? Even a Windows keyboard would work to get you logged in for troubleshooting.

OP
B
Reaction score
Got them working! Hubby got up and sorted it! He's the hardware and I'm the software LOL! OK, despite keyboard batteries being reasonably new it seems that it was that. He put his keyboard batteries in and it worked (he now can't type on his LOL!) Regarding the mouse, I put it into a different slot in my external USB hub and that's now working. Panic over LOL!

Thanks for all your replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.