How can I print folding in MacbookPro?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a series of pamblets to print, so it is essential to have my print out folded when the printing is done.

When I use Windows, there is a feature that tells my printer to fold my print outs but I can't seems to find it.
May I ask how can I print folding in MacbookPro?

Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Explain what you mean by "folding". Are you referring to a printer that will actually fold the paper for you after the printing is done?

If that's what you mean, I suppose it's possible with the right kind of printer and driver software. However, all the dual fold bulletins that I have printed over the years both from Windows (MS Publisher) and also from macOS (iStudio Publisher) I had to do the folding myself after the print jobs were done.

To get back to your question... that would be a function of the printer and its software. It's not a specific feature of macOS or your MacBook Pro.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks Chscag, I realize that the Macbookpro doesn't allow me to see the printer's property features, like Windows Laptop do allow.

Hence I cant do 'folding' from Macbookpro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
When I use Windows, there is a feature that tells my printer to fold my print outs but I can't seems to find it.

May I ask what make and model that printer you have is that can do some folding as you state??

Or how about this???
How to Fold Digital Printing Jobs Fast Without a Folding Machine
http://www.technifoldusa.com/binder...-Printing-Jobs-Fast-Without-a-Folding-Machine

Check the video or maybe spend $200.00 - $500.00 on an automatic letter folding machine???

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks pm-r!

We are using FUJI XEROX DOCUCENTRE and it has a function that allows folding.

Thanks for the innovative folding method!

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you tried going to the Fuji Xerox site and getting the full driver and software package?

MacOS has many printer drivers as part of it's standard build but for the more unusual/advanced features you sometimes need the native driver.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We are using FUJI XEROX DOCUCENTRE and it has a function that allows folding.

Thanks,

I glanced through their site but they seem to be sparse on Mac software or support and it seems to depend on which model of the FUJI XEROX DOCUCENTRE you have.

Most only list Windows, but a few do list Macs and even current OS versions but I couldn't find much on the folding option but did find this which you probably already have:
http://onlinesupport.fujixerox.com/driver_downloads/mac_manual_e.pdf
or
http://onlinesupport.fujixerox.com/driver_downloads/PUG-DC9000.pdf

Their software page does at least have some Mac software support:
http://onlinesupport.fujixerox.com/...ng_code=en&d_lang=en&pid=DCSC2020#prettyPhoto

and maybe:
http://www.fxap.com.sg/

- Patrick
======

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey Patrick:

I like that YouTube video you posted about quickly manually folding brochures and flyers. I used to spend an additional hour folding after printing a batch of bulletins. Looks like that will work fairly well with dual fold stock but some of my output stock at the time was tri-fold. A bit more challenging. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I create a lot of booklets at work. Our Canon copier will fold and staple them. I have to do this on a Windows computer because the copier does not have a post script driver for mac that would allow me to use that feature on my mac - or at least that is what the copier people tell me. We will be getting a new copier in December and since I am in charge of arranging that, I have made Mac compatibility a condition of selection along with assurances that all features will work with a mac. Sadly macs are not always included in the mix when printer/copier manufactures are creating their features.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I like that YouTube video you posted about quickly manually folding brochures and flyers.

Glad that you found it beneficial Charlie and maybe they have a hint or video for your tri-fold jobs, if they still exist, but I didn't go looking.

I was always amazed as to how fast some jobs could get printed, folded and boxed at a friends small printing shop when I dropped by some years ago.

I was also amazed as to how fast a print job can mess up big time when things didn't always go as planned!!! :Oops:

I have made Mac compatibility a condition of selection along with assurances that all features will work with a mac

And hopefully still will after Apple changes some part of their OS X with some "upgrade" that kills such needed software, as so often seems to happen. :Grimmace:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
And hopefully still will after Apple changes some part of their OS X with some "upgrade" that kills such needed software, as so often seems to happen. :Grimmace:

- Patrick
======

No no no no !!!!!!! I am not listening!!!!!! Nope not, nope nope no!

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No no no no !!!!!!! I am not listening!!!!!! Nope not, nope nope no!

Lisa

clap.gif lmao.gif To funny Lisa… but I think I hit a nerve or something… and close to reality…

You sound just like my female cousin — as she holds her hands over her ears, shakes her head and says "too much info…"…

And our home builder friend, when things went awry, would just shrug and say — "s**t happens". :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.