What cheap hosting anyone can refer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am using dreamhost but i want to see more cheap web hosting which is better than dreamhost anyone can suggest better web host.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There are just too many webhosts out there that are fairly cheap. Dreamhost is actually a fairly old one. Visit our sister site http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ to get your fill of Web hosting discussions..

Also, choosing a webhost has a LOT more to do with how much they cost. The reason you are using them matters and how they perform varies. The cheapest hosts are providing shared hosting and putting your blog on there with a couple of visitors a month is not big deal. Hosting a really popular app requires a lot more resources and going down the VPS or higher route..

Reaction score
I am using dreamhost but i want to see more cheap web hosting which is better than dreamhost anyone can suggest better web host.

I used several Web hosting providers and was very disappointed with most of them. I have been using one for years now, and though they aren't the cheapest one out there, I suspect it would be extremely hard to find one that is a better *value*.

I host all of my web sites and my e-mail with this company, and I can't recommend them highly enough:

ICDSoft
http://icdsoft.com/
http://www2.icdsoft.com/hosting/usa

For the amazing price of $58/year ($72/year for first year) I get all of the bells and whistles and great 24/7 service! (Support is via a dedicated Web portal. Answers arrive in less than 10 minutes no matter when you ask them! However, there is no telephone support.) A huge amount of Web space, unlimited e-mail addresses and e-mail hosting, the facility to quickly and easily set up e-mail discussion lists, etc. Renewal of my domain name only costs $5. They never seem to experience any down time.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
For the amazing price of $58/year ($72/year for first year) I get all of the bells and whistles and great 24/7 service!

Randy. Is this/website (you mentioned "websites" above)?

I may have to look into them.

- Nick

Reaction score
Randy. Is this/website (you mentioned "websites" above)?

I'm sorry, Nick, I'm not sure what you are asking.

Are you asking what Web sites that I have? (I have so many that I've forgotten all that I have.)

Or are you asking how many Web sites you can have for that price?

Or are you asking something else?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry Randy...maybe that was a bit cryptic. The $58/year ($72/year for first year) you mentioned paying. Is that for each of your website's...or all of them (you mentioned having more than one website).

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Sorry Randy...maybe that was a bit cryptic. The $58/year ($72/year for first year) you mentioned paying. Is that for each of your website's...or all of them (you mentioned having more than one website).

Oh...it's for *all* of them! The account comes with a gigabyte of space, and since an HTML file is basically a plain text file, it takes up next to no space. I have about a dozen Web sites with room to spare for many more.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh...it's for *all* of them! The account comes with a gigabyte of space, and since an HTML file is basically a plain text file, it takes up next to no space. I have about a dozen Web sites with room to spare for many more.

Hold on buddy...let me get this straight. Are you saying you're only paying $58/year (after the first year) to have "about a dozen" websites hosted (please verify)??

If so...I gotta change my web hosting service ASAP!!!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Hold on buddy...let me get this straight. Are you saying you're only paying $58/year (after the first year) to have "about a dozen" websites hosted (please verify)??

Yes, exactly.

Not only that, but for the same price they host my domain name, my e-mail, and allow me to set up several discussion lists if I care to. That from folks who never seem to experience any downtime, and who are always there to quickly answer questions when they come up.

There are lots of folks that have switched to IDCSoft based on my recommendation. Every single one of them has reported that they are wildly happy with them. They are just a tremendous value.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Randy. Going to check it out.:)

- Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.