Getting Rid of Safari Bookmarks which Were Moved to the Desktop & Trashing Them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 Macbook Pro
Hi Everyone,

I do know better, but when in a hurry I selected some bookmarks and moved them to the desktop, intending to delete them totally from my System/ Computer.

I am using a MacBook Pro, 17", early 2011, Running Yosemite 10.10.5.

Every time I try to trash or even move them, the message pops up which says " the item "xxxxxxxxx-xxx=xxx-xxx-or what ever"

Can't be moved to the Trash because it can't be deleted.

This is very frustrating, because I am a neat freak and organization is very important to me. (of Course), and this is a real bother.

So Anyhow, any suggestions on solving this would be greatly appreciated, for sure- so Thanks in Advance for any pointers.

Artsy Pat

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try selecting Bookmarks from the top menu in Safari, then select "Show Bookmarks". That should open a side panel with your bookmarks on the left side of the screen. Look for "Desktop" and select the down arrow. When that opens, right click on those bookmarks you wish to delete and select delete for each one.

And Welcome to our forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.