AppleScript: To Open and execute Preset Script in illustrator.

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I really hope this hasn't been posted already and would like to ask some advice of those who know a lot about Adobe software as well as Applescript.

Dxf files from around the world get uploaded into a folder on dropbox, Would i be able to set Automator Folder Actions to watch this folder for any .dxf files (doesn't have to be extension strict) and execute a apple script?

So far i have written the java script to do what i need it to do to the file, and close illustrator, but i need to manually open illustrator and execute the script that has been placed in the illustrator preset script folder.

This is where applescript came to mind. If Automator detects a file has been added into "Folder Action Folder" it could execute an applescript to run illustrator? i then have it delay 3. then i want it to run a preset script.

Is this possible?

My applescript code:

tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
activate
delay 3
do script "MacintoshHD/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS6/Presets/en_GB/Scripts/BatchY2M.jsx"
end tell

I hope it doesn't seem daft but i know nothing about applescript, so if i was forgetting even 1 small symbol or part to the above i wouldnt notice.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Frostfox

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.