removing libLoader.dylib

Reaction score
Hi,

I am running Macbook Pro version 10.12.1 with MacOS Sierra

I have recently found my operating functions getting very slow and clicking on internet pages not working until I click a second time. Also lots of pop up ads appearing which never occurred before..

I just installed the trial version of ClamXav and it is finding several infected files...

I am trying to delete or quarantine files labelled "libLoader.dylib" but for some reason they wont allow me to perform any functions on them...

Help?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Where does ClamXav say that libLoader is on your Mac? I don't know that it's something bad as dylibs are common parts of OS X/macOS and necessary for functionality across the OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You can try to run Disk Utility > First Aid on your drive to see if that helps speed things up.

OP
M
Reaction score
Where does ClamXav say that libLoader is on your Mac? I don't know that it's something bad as dylibs are common parts of OS X/macOS and necessary for functionality across the OS.

It shows on my Hard Drive, it lists is as an infection under the name "AdWare.OSX.VSearch"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.