• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

FS: Apple Power Mac G4 1.8GHz 2GB RAM 100GB HDD M7891L

dae

Reaction score
Currently have this Power Mac G4 for sale on eBay.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

s-l16004.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If this Powermac G4 is for sale on eBay...is it also for sale on Mac-Forums (outside of the ebay environment)?

- Nick

OP
D

dae

Reaction score
Are eBay connected listings not allowed? If so I can always take the post down.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it's only a 1 time thing (personal sale)...probably ok.

Was just checking in case direct inquires from Mac-Forums members were made.

Good luck with the eBay listing,

- Nick

p.s. Starting price is way steep!;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Agree with Nick on that starting price. $25-50 would be a great price even with the hacked CPU. Gigabit Ethernet models came with 400MHz, and dual 450 and 500MHz CPUs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I should have read the ebay ad first as I was going to say, that's no stock G4 to be running at 1.8GHz!!

"I upgraded the CPU in 2006…"

I've still got and sometimes still use, but very seldom I must admit, the last of the 1.25 GHz dual-boot Power Mac G4 MDD. Nice lots of room for multiple HDDs and dual optical drives. I could run 9.2.2 and/or 10.5.8 and did. Not bad. ;)

PS: And I'd agree with Nick on the stated asking price.

- Patrick
=======

OP
D

dae

Reaction score
I started at this price seeing similar models from that time (2000,2001) sell for $199 on eBay.

[dead link removed]

I know that is a QuickSilver model. Average, they do sell cheaper stock, and I do realize that.

The CPU alone is a bit of an odd ball piece of hardware, that isn't easily bought. I realize the only people looking to buy a computer like this will be someone that is somewhat of a collector. I will see if it sells at said price, otherwise I will lower it. Thanks for the advice.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The CPU alone is a bit of an odd ball piece of hardware, that isn't easily bought. I realize the only people looking to buy a computer like this will be someone that is somewhat of a collector. I will see if it sells at said price, otherwise I will lower it.

Hey...ya never know what someone may pay on eBay. Maybe there will be someone out there with a very special need for a Powermac G4 wth a 1.8ghz CPU.:)

- Nick

p.s. But if you were curious...I can throw some relative prices of some deals I've done recently for perspective.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And there is a huge difference between a GE and MDD model. I would guess the CPU came from an early model G5 and they were consider slow old beasts prior to the dual processor 2GHz model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.