Security Update for Registered Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftWareRevue

iNET Interactive
Reaction score
Penton is investigating an alleged exfiltration of user information from certain technology market properties that Penton acquired from iNET last year, including Hot Scripts, Mac Forums, and Web Hosting Talk. Since becoming aware of these allegations, we have been working around the clock to investigate and mitigate any potential risk to our users and have hired a security firm to assist us in our investigation.

Penton takes the security and privacy of our users very seriously. Out of an abundance of caution, we are requiring all possibly affected users to reset their passwords here http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw.
Given the prevalence of computer hacking at stores, on apps and online, users should never reuse a password. Please create a new, unique password for all your accounts.

We are continuing to investigate this incident and will take all appropriate steps to protect our users' privacy.

If you have any questions please contact us at: [email protected]

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks Dennis. Already reset mine and am advising everyone to do the same. Have been receiving email from members who can't sign on. May take some time but we will keep on top of this.

Thanks again.

Charlie

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Just reset mine for the second time today. I think the first time I did it I forgot to tell the site to remember me.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Well, I'm in . . . with a bit of help from Nick.

Note to self, and others, keep email addresses up-to-date in profiles. A non-functioning inbox was preventing me from being able to complete the password reset.
All good now! :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Great to see you back Mike!!! Yes…I think the email address thing is what's tripping folks up the most with this password reset. We register years & years ago with one email address…then years later (with this password reset)…we have to try to recall what that email address is/was (???). LOL ;)

- Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.