ipad mini reset problem with find my iPad

Reaction score
bought an iPad mini from a friend have the passcode to access iPad but she doesn't remember the apple id password find my iPad is on i can't reset it she bought a new one cause the home button was damaged i had it repaired she got another apple id with her hotmail acct to access the iTunes store the old iPad has an iCloud.com acct we tried everything it says acct locked is there a way around that or can i call apple with her there to verify her acct to remove the find my iPad its the same name on the new account just hotmail the old is iCloud thks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The only way to remove the Find My iPad lock is to use the AppleID it was locked with. It does matter that she has 1 or 50 new accounts. It doesn't matter who or who doesn't own or pocess the device.

The only way to remove it is for the owner of the AppleID it was locked with to have that account password reset. Then they can go onto iCloud.com and remove that device. Then the device will be unlocked and can be restored/reset etc using another ID.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.