how to show hard drives in sidebar

Reaction score
I just did a factory restart on my 2013 macbook pro running mountain lion. Now when i plu hard drives in they show up on the desk top but not in the sidebar in finder. I have never had them on the desk top before and it is really bugging me. Any help greatly appreciated.
Also the internal hard drive is not showing on there either.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Firstly...I think that there is a bit of terminology confusion (or maybe I'm confused with what I read).;)

The "Desktop" & the "Finder" are the same place. If you're looking at the contents of a window...then that's not the Desktop or the Finder...but the contents of a window.

Anyways...I'm not 100% sure of the issue. But if you go to the desktop/finder...

- Finder drop down menu
- Preferences
- General button
- Then select/deselect things as you desire.

HTH,:)

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
Firstly...I think that there is a bit of terminology confusion (or maybe I'm confused with what I read).;)

The "Desktop" & the "Finder" are the same place. If you're looking at the contents of a window...then that's not the Desktop or the Finder...but the contents of a window.

Anyways...I'm not 100% sure of the issue. But if you go to the desktop/finder...

- Finder drop down menu
- Preferences
- General button
- Then select/deselect things as you desire.

HTH,:)

- Nick

Thanks for the reply. I have fixed the issue now anyway a quick restart has solved it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.