Downloading problems

Reaction score
Everytime I try to download from a website nothing happens. I am using Firefox 21.0. It doesn't work in Safari either and I have experimented with Chrome out of desperation. In Chrome I get a message about no iGetter plugin.
Any advice gratefully received.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
I am sure someone at this forum would like to help you. They are going to need quite a bit of additional information such as which Mac OS 10.X.X, model, year, processor, how much RAM, etc. Good luck in your quest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Everytime I try to download from a website nothing happens. I am using Firefox 21.0. It doesn't work in Safari either and I have experimented with Chrome out of desperation. In Chrome I get a message about no iGetter plugin.
Any advice gratefully received.

Any website or only certain ones? With that error message from Chrome, it sounds like you have iGetter installed and set up to intercept your downloads by default and manage those for you. I've experimented with it in the past and I thought it was a pretty crummy app. The easiest way to be sure you are rid of it is to re-download it and run the uninstaller script that comes with it.
Get The Latest Version Of iGetter!

EDIT: I just did a quick experiment. Run the uninstaller script, then use an app like AppCleaner to more thoroughly remove iGetter and all the stray files it places. Their own uninstaller script didn't do that.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It would have helped if you mentioned that you were using a download manager/accelerator which is what iGetter is.

You will need to install the iGetter Chrome extension to make it work in Chrome.

Presumably you had iGetter installed prior to trying Chrome and had the plugin/extension installed in Safari and Firefox as well. If it's no longer working in those browsers, you might want to uninstall iGetter and confirm that you can download things again and then re-install it if you want to keep that program..

OP
F
Reaction score
downloading problem

mac os x 10.7.5

2.3 GHz Core i5

GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Hope this is what you need

OP
F
Reaction score
downloading problem

I don't remember installing iGetter, but if it's there. I used appcleaner to remove iGetter and all is well. Thanks very much for everybody's help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.