Transferring files from old pc computer

Reaction score
My windows laptop was acting funny so I did a back up of the system to an external hard drive. Well it crashed and I decided to buy a Mac notebook OS X 10.7.4. I love it so far, although there is a learning curve. My question is, how do I get the files off the hard drive to my Mac? Tons of music and other stuff I need. I know you can do a computer to computer, but the windows laptop is dead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
What sort of a back up did you do? You can use an external Enclosure to connect your hard drive to the Mac. There are also SATA/IDE USB adapters you can buy pretty cheap for the same purpose.

OP
B
Reaction score
What sort of a back up did you do? You can use an external Enclosure to connect your hard drive to the Mac. There are also SATA/IDE USB adapters you can buy pretty cheap for the same purpose.

I simply did a system backup onto a hard drive. The file name is PC_and the computer name. I have not attempted to hook to my Mac. When I open from my wire's pc, I can see all 138 GBs of data. Thanks for your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.