Our Safari is Hurr-Durr possessed

Reaction score
This is a problem that my son has had on his Macbook Pro that he received for Christmas since January but he was afraid to mention it to me because he couldn't get rid of it.
He was encouraged to visit the HURR-DURR website WARNING: DON'T GO THERE NOW!!!! and he has been there ever since with a never ending stream of pop up windows and the most annoying song I have ever heard, thus rendering his safari browser useless.
We have googled to within an inch of our lives and all signs suggest that we just force quit and it will disappear....... only it doesn't. Interestingly it doesn't come up for another user, only in my son's profile. I really don't want to have to transfer all his school work and stuff into another file and delete him as a user. Does anyone have any experience on this tiresome site or any suggestions as to how to rid our computer of it?
Many MANY thanks in advance for any help here

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sounds like it's reloading the site each time.

Make sure you're out of Safari then, open Finder. From the menu bar select - "Go" - "Go to folder" amd enter:
~/Library/Saved Application State/com.apple.Safari.savedState
Click Go

and delete all the files in this folder then empty your recycle bin.

Restart Safari and post back with the results please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You could also delete the LastSession.plist from

~/Library/Safari

OP
B
Reaction score
mrplow, you are a SUPERSTAR. Problem solved. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad it worked. Thanks for posting back

C

chas_m

I'd give you rep for that awesome answer but it says I gotta spread the love around ... I hope my wife doesn't find out ... :)

Reaction score
Hurr-Durr

Hello im today going to tell you how to get rid of Hurr-Durr website from your safari.
Right click on your safari. Click 'Quit'. Then click ok on the Hurr-Durr. That should quit your safari. Then go back onto it. It shouldn't be there. Then go to history on new tab. Clear your history. And top sites. Your Mac Book is now Hurr-Durr free. I know about this because it happened to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.