Anti-virus software for Mac OS X?

A

AlexN

Hi,

I went to Symantec website, and found out that they don't have Norton Anti-Virus for Mac OS X. Which anti-virus do you use?

OP
M

menace3054

AlexN said:
Hi,

I went to Symantec website, and found out that they don't have Norton Anti-Virus for Mac OS X. Which anti-virus do you use?

hey alex, they do infact have norton antivirus for mac osx. i used to use it myself, and personally found that it slowed my machine down too much. i use intego virus barrier, from intego.com its very efficient

OP
A

AlexN

Thanks for the replies. I must have overlooked.

I just read the other thread about this topic, I'm wondering if it's necessary to use anti-virus software on mac? I don't use anti-virus on my Linux, but I rely heavily on it for my PC.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
There are many, threads on this subject. If you search you should be to find them :)

OP
J

JunMacTech

AlexN said:
Thanks for the replies. I must have overlooked.

I just read the other thread about this topic, I'm wondering if it's necessary to use anti-virus software on mac? I don't use anti-virus on my Linux, but I rely heavily on it for my PC.

The only reason that we put SAV 10 on our macs here at the college is to keep them from being a virus carrier from pc - > MAC - > pc. That is the ONLY reason we do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
JunMacTech said:
The only reason that we put SAV 10 on our macs here at the college is to keep them from being a virus carrier from pc - > MAC - > pc. That is the ONLY reason we do.

The only way the mac can be the carrier is if you personally transfer the file to a PC or a PC user takes the file from your mac and opens it. The virus can't just travel around from the mac to the pc on its own

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It can in an e-mail attachement....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
baggss said:
It can in an e-mail attachement....

Which still requires you to send the email

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I see your point...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.