Photo of the month: March 2011

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7
At montreal's "nuit blanche"

_DSC1831.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.9.4 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
IntheSnow.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
I only had an iPhone with me, but here's a late afternoon shot from up in the hills

[dead image link removed]

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.9.4 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
AlexSno said:
Wow. Is it really made by you? Nice one if so.

Yes, took it with a point-and-shoot, then turned on B & W in iPhoto. Also, thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
A candid shot with a bit of a Norman Rockwell feel (to me at least) - as I learn some of the basics of Aperture

Amanda-Web2.jpg

Love this ! And you're right. It does have a bit of that Rockwell touch to it. There's an Rockwell Exhibit here in NY, which is actually a showcase of photos of him while he was painting a lot of the work he's well known for. So it's him, and the paintings, captured by film. Cool concept, really. I love going up to his cabin in the Berkshire mountains when possible.

I'd be curious to see the original of this photo if you don't mind. And btw, looks like you're getting on with Aperture pretty well ;)

Doug

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Love this ! And you're right. It does have a bit of that Rockwell touch to it. There's an Rockwell Exhibit here in NY, which is actually a showcase of photos of him while he was painting a lot of the work he's well known for. So it's him, and the paintings, captured by film. Cool concept, really. I love going up to his cabin in the Berkshire mountains when possible.

I'd be curious to see the original of this photo if you don't mind. And btw, looks like you're getting on with Aperture pretty well ;)

Doug

Thanks! I don't mind at all - you want it e-mailed or posted here? Full resolution or same as what I put up here - which was downsized significantly.

I'd love to see the Rockwell exhibit. Maybe it's me getting older - but I really have a great appreciation for his stuff. It feels like Americana to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Thanks! I don't mind at all - you want it e-mailed or posted here? Full resolution or same as what I put up here - which was downsized significantly.

I'd love to see the Rockwell exhibit. Maybe it's me getting older - but I really have a great appreciation for his stuff. It feels like Americana to me.

Do you have a Dropbox or Sugarsync account ? We can share a folder for such things. Perhaps a good idea, since I wanted to share a few screen shots with you, that I took of some Aperture preferences settings and such, and i could add some text files in there as well. But if you'd rather keep it to email, that's cool too. And sure, send me the RAW file, I'd like to see how many steps it would take to reproduce in Lightroom.

And I totally share your appreciation for Rockwell's work. He was an amazing expressive artist. There are a few photos of mine, which remind me a lot of his work.. at the time of shooting, I hadn't thought about that at all.. and surprised me when I saw them. Made me feel even better when a friend of mine who is a graphic artist, and also an admirer of Rockwell, told me that they reminded him of his work as well. Ironically, both shots, taken at least a year apart, are of young kids riding a bicycle.

Anyway, Just PM me what you'd like to do with those files.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
IMG_2816.jpg

Took this when I was in Spain at my sisters apartment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Northern Lights at -20 ºC / -4 ºF.
The cameras LCD display was so cold, it had the "Dissolve" effect whenever the settings/picture changed :D

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

The cameras LCD display was so cold, it had the "Dissolve" effect whenever the settings/picture changed :D

I'd love to see that in person!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)

Cool :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 2.66 Intel Core 2 Duo, Iphone 4.
Took this picture over the neighbours fence.

DSC_3576.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Took this picture over the neighbours fence.

Hmmm Not sure if this is real ?!?!?!?

It seems to be shining bright with sunlight ?? Are you sure your in the UK lol

Seriously though, that is a nice snap of a little birdy :)
With shots like that, dont be shy and be sure to return.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 2.66 Intel Core 2 Duo, Iphone 4.
Hi, yeah we do get a couple of sunny days in the UK;D,
thanks for your comment, appreciated, cheers Paul.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)
Hi, yeah we do get a couple of sunny days in the UK;D,
thanks for your comment, appreciated, cheers Paul.

I've not seen the sun for ages haha

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've not seen the sun for ages haha

Why do you think the Brits colonialized half the world!! They were just trying to find someplace sunny and warm...;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Cypher" Powermac G5 2.3 DualCore QuadroFX4500 23" cinema display
i took this one a few weeks ago & it seemed to come out pretty well :)

grave01.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Cypher" Powermac G5 2.3 DualCore QuadroFX4500 23" cinema display
it was near Compton in Surrey!

flashearth link - Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

the crosshairs are approximately where i stood to take that shot ;D

i have a few more shots from that visit on my flickr - Flickr: sh0wtime's Photostream

although i think that one was my favourite from that day :Blushing:

it was the first time i've tried any kind of graveyard or spooky type shots & have to say i really lucked out with the light that day
not bad for a little LX3
wish i'd had the DSLR with me though!

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
it was near Compton in Surrey!

flashearth link - Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

the crosshairs are approximately where i stood to take that shot ;D

i have a few more shots from that visit on my flickr - Flickr: sh0wtime's Photostream

although i think that one was my favourite from that day :Blushing:

it was the first time i've tried any kind of graveyard or spooky type shots & have to say i really lucked out with the light that day
not bad for a little LX3
wish i'd had the DSLR with me though!
Such a fantastic shot. That place is really eerie looking. I don't think I'd want to be near that place at night.

How old are those graves?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.