Keyboard shortcut to switch between languages

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just received my new MacBook Pro 13" with Snow Leopard.

I would like to know if there is any keyboard shortcut to switch between "abc" characters and chinese characters. Indeed, I do sometimes need to write in "abc" like now, but I do also need to write chinese characters here and there. So far, I always click on the flag in the top bar (near the time and battery icon) and have to change manually from "abc" to chinese characters. This is quite boring, especially when I need to switch a lot of times. A keyboard shortcut would be more appropriate.

Does anyone know if there is a shortcut on the keyboard to do that ?

Thanks very much!!

chogall

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, unfortunately there is no keyboard shortcut to switch between languages. I wish there were as there is in Windows. The way you're doing it is the correct way.

BTW, are you using a keyboard overlay? If not, you can bring up the on screen keyboard and use it instead. A bit cumbersome but it works.

Regards.

Reaction score
Ah--was going to say, I can do that on my work PC, but not with Mac (I just semi-converted and use both)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.