Image Capture import problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 17" MBP, Mini x2
Hi folks, hopefully this is the correct forum for this question.

I have a Canon SD1100IS digital camera, along with a Rebel XTI, and I'm trying to import my images from them using Image Capture. IC seems to detect the camera and the images correctly, but I'm unable to import the images - it gives me a simple "an error occured while importing" message (see attached screenshot).

I'm not sure how to proceed from here or what could cause the issue. Both of my cameras have the same problem, so I'm assuming that something is wrong with my software - I've tried importing to different paths as well and still get the same error.

Any advice would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Screen shot 2010-02-22 at 1.47.47 PM.png

OP
Seventh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 17" MBP, Mini x2
Yeah, that works (that's what I've been doing to get them off), but it's a bit of a pain to keep insert/ejecting and whatnot. :\

Reaction score
One easily overlooked problem is disk space. I simply ran out of space but did not notice it.
Error message gives you no clue but making more room on the destination solved the problem for me. :-D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just a bit of info: You replied to an eight year old post both here and at MacRumors. It's ok as long as you realize the date of the originating post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.