Bootcamp: Save yourself possibly hours of time:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I reinstalled the Boot Camp drivers and the mouse now works.

Strangely it said "Unable to complete due to metered connection" when trying to re-pair it but then it started working anyway. I don't see how it needs an Internet connection to pair a Bluetooth device.

Also, the screen resolution is the same as in OS X - I assume the difference in wallpaper appearance is due to having defaulted to a different option for fitting the image on the screen.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Glad to hear everything worked out OK for you. Normally, when the Boot Camp Assistant "sees" an optical drive on your Mac it won't allow installation from USB without some sort of a work around. However, it looks like you got it installed anyway. Nice. Have fun. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Still having problems intermittently with the Bluetooth Magic Mouse, but apart from that - so far - all seems fine.

Wonder how well it will cope when I allow it to install the Anniversary Update, which is waiting at the moment :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now using the Mac version of the game I wanted to play - Final Fantasy XIV, although I have the Windows version installed as well :)

Even have a spare PS4 controller working on the Mac. Brilliant.

Also updated Windows to the Anniversary Edition, without seeming to cause any problems. Doesn't seem all that different.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for the update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 12 Pro Max, MacBook Pro mid-2010 17" High Sierra.
If you have an Android phone, and you want to root it, you need Windows. Especially if you don't know how to use terminal commands.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.