ebay bombs safari

Reaction score
im having trouble with safari when i log into ebay it quits can anyone help me out

Reaction score
eBay came out awhile back with a notice that Safari was not going to be fully supported and they recommended (for Mac users) Firefox. I can still use Safari but it won't do everything it is supposed to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Thanks Papa, I hadn't heard this. I too have had trouble with eBay from time to time. Now I know why!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
eBay came out awhile back with a notice that Safari was not going to be fully supported and they recommended (for Mac users) Firefox. I can still use Safari but it won't do everything it is supposed to do.

I've never had an issue with e-bay and Safari and IIRC e-bay pulled that statement. If anything, it's likely one of his plugins that is corrupted.

Check:

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

or

/Username/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

Pull them out one at a time, then restart the browser until the quitting stops. You will find out which one it is fairly fast. I had this same problem with this forum awhile back and it was my QT plugin that was corrupted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.