• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums' Bar & Grill II

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Derek the paint job looks good.

I am getting set to head off to the future in-laws place for a BBQ. i also have to visit 2 more wedding sites. wedding planning is definitely not for me. yesterday we had to visit four locations and meet with a photographer company. the lady was nice she just kept repeating the same thing for about an 1.5 hours.

i am looking forward to not having to do anything tomorrow

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm bored.
I think maybe i'll clean and/or rearrange my room today......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I am getting set to head off to the future in-laws place for a BBQ. i also have to visit 2 more wedding sites. wedding planning is definitely not for me. yesterday we had to visit four locations and meet with a photographer company. the lady was nice she just kept repeating the same thing for about an 1.5 hours.

Elope!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I've been playing around in Illustrator, it's pretty cool :)

Reaction score
I'm disappointed about the whole parade thing tomorrow.
I put a lot of hard work (not really) into that music, and I won't be able to play it unless I find something before tomorrow at 9:30.

Oh, and I need to rant about this.
My brother who's in 7th grade, is supposed to be in THE SAME parade.
It's his first parade, and since he's quitting, it's also his last.
Well, he's not going. He doesn't want to. My dad is fine with that.
All right, you have to tell the middle school band teacher that you're not going to be there. You have to have a note excusing you a week before the parade. He didn't do any of that, he's just not going to show up.
I know the middle school band teacher, and he's NOT going to be happy!
I wish my brother would show some dedication, to anything.
He has no drive.
He sits at home all day, pulls mediocre grades, yet has the skills to do so much more.

T

todd51

Hey everyone, hope you are all having a great Memorial Day weekend!

I have been MIA for the past couple of weeks. Having two jobs is absolutely crazy right now. Finally I got a well-needed rest for a three-day vacation. We got out of work early on Friday and a couple of us guys went downtown to the bar and drank a few beers so that was nice.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope you are all having a great Memorial Day weekend!

HA!

working today, working tomorrow.

oh, and i had perhaps the worst chicken sandwich i ever had in my whole life at a dairy queen last night.

Reaction score
Chicken sandwich.....at dairy queen?

Even weirder, you thought it would TASTE GOOD?! ;D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
DQ has some decent food - depends on which one you go to. the quality really varies. i wasn't expecting something on par with even friday's or something, just at least equal to mcdonalds or bk.

man, it was terrible - couldn't finish it.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Just wanted to be the first to turn the corner on page seven.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
You and your fancy post per page changing :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I just bought a 6 Cell Maglite.

I feel so deliciously white trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Well I finally got semi settled into my new house and got the internet up and running. The good news is its not Comcast, the bad news is its sattelite. It is way slow but the only other option is dial up and I think I'd shoot myself if I had to use that. How is every one else doing?

Okay, try to wait until someone else has posted to say something, but it's an abnormal hour (at leat on my time zone) on a busy weekend.

I've been having breathing problems.
It's
SO
FREAKIN'
ANNOYING!
It's so hard to explain!
Like, in my throat. WHen I inhale, I feel like there's something blocking the air in my throat. I can breathe, but it feels sort of like i'm snoring or something. Then if I keep inhaling for a second or two, it...changes.

I'm not even going to try to describe it. I don't think about it when i'm busy, but when i'm just sitting here I can't stop doing it. I'm constantly doing it.

After a while it REALLY hurts my chest when I inhale deeply. I like have to breathe really shallow.

It's SO ANNOYING, it's just as annoying that I can't explain it.
I just wish it would stop!

:(

Sounds like something I had my senior year in high school. It turned out that I had blebs on my left lung and it eventually collapsed and I had to have lung surgery twice. Go to the doctor and get it checked out. Check out the link for a little more info.

birthoggdube/id12.html (outdated link removed)

Reaction score
Well I finally got semi settled into my new house and got the internet up and running. The good news is its not Comcast, the bad news is its sattelite. It is way slow but the only other option is dial up and I think I'd shoot myself if I had to use that. How is every one else doing?

Sounds like something I had my senior year in high school. It turned out that I had blebs on my left lung and it eventually collapsed and I had to have lung surgery twice. Go to the doctor and get it checked out. Check out the link for a little more info.

birthoggdube/id12.html (outdated link removed)

Um, those pictures were REALLY traumatizing.
Anyway, it doesn't sound like I have something like that. I don't think.
I mean, it's just SO HARD to even explain! It could be something like I need my tonsils out or I have allergies or something stupid, but it's just SO ANNOYING.
I guess i'll see if I can get into the doctor soon, I haven't been there in a long time.
It really only bothers me a LOT when i'm sleeping. During the day i'm active and I don't notice it as much.

I don't know.

Anyway, HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE!
I might get set up with a bank account soon, which will be great so I could use paypal.

Parade today. ugh. Won't even be able to play the music....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Okay, try to wait until someone else has posted to say something, but it's an abnormal hour (at leat on my time zone) on a busy weekend.

I've been having breathing problems.
It's
SO
FREAKIN'
ANNOYING!
It's so hard to explain!
Like, in my throat. WHen I inhale, I feel like there's something blocking the air in my throat. I can breathe, but it feels sort of like i'm snoring or something. Then if I keep inhaling for a second or two, it...changes.

I'm not even going to try to describe it. I don't think about it when i'm busy, but when i'm just sitting here I can't stop doing it. I'm constantly doing it.

After a while it REALLY hurts my chest when I inhale deeply. I like have to breathe really shallow.

It's SO ANNOYING, it's just as annoying that I can't explain it.
I just wish it would stop!

:(
See a doctor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Agreed.

Macos9user: My advice to you would be not to focus on rep and post count. If you are contributing in a positive way to the forum, it will come in time. But there's always someone in the crowd who won't like what you have to say. Keep your focus and you'll find that in time the positive feedback far outweighs the negative.

Lets get a few things straight. I don't care about rep. It has no effect on my day to day life. What I care about is people's respect. I dont think giving negative rep over something thats as petty as saying "900th post" is a valid reason for it. I thought rep was more directed for knowledge. Apparently it is not. I'm sure someone will jump in and say "quit complaining." And give me even more neg rep. If your going to do it at least have the courage to put your name next to it.
I DON'T care about rep but I would think as many posts as I have done a moderator wouldn't treat me poorly because of it. Remember that the members make this forum. Not the moderators and not the ads.
The reason I said I was taking a break was because a post was made by a moderator that was retracted a few seconds later. I will not say who or what. But I thought that person and I had a better rapport than that.

The fact i haven't swore yet is nothing short of a miracle and this was NOT an attack directed at cwa in the slightest

Last edited:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i got neg repped for a few things like that when i got here, i got upset about it, posted something like what you just posted and then got neg repped for that too.

it seems to some it's kind of like light hazing. if you can take it, good, if not, whatever. best just to let it go, move on. you seem to be ingratiating yourself just fine otherwise. probably best to completely ignore the rep, especially the anonymous rep from people to afraid to lose their own rep to own up to it, and concentrate on what is said to you in threads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.