need help ASAP!

Reaction score
hi!
my ibook g4 12inch running leopard can't shut down or restart. the application creating the problem is coconutbattery 2.6.2.

i tried force quitting multiple times, but it wouldnt budge. i tried opening activity monitor, but i get an error message when trying to open activity monitor.

what should i do!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
hi!
my ibook g4 12inch running leopard can't shut down or restart. the application creating the problem is coconutbattery 2.6.2.

i tried force quitting multiple times, but it wouldnt budge. i tried opening activity monitor, but i get an error message when trying to open activity monitor.

what should i do!

Probably not the best course of action in the world, but it doesn't seem like you have a choice - I would try pressing and holding the power button until it turns off. Then, when it comes back up, make sure you run a Verify and Repair in Disk Utility.

OP
Y
Reaction score
thnx for the reply,
i am actually now getting a bit nervous. the last time i started up my computer, it wouldn't budge from the apple logo, spinny thing, forcing me to hold the power button. also, now when i try increasing or decreasing the sound or screen brightness, it changes, but i can't "see it" happening. normally, you can see the bar, and it getting more full, or less full.

what is happening? my laptop is only close to 3 years old.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
thnx for the reply,
i am actually now getting a bit nervous. the last time i started up my computer, it wouldn't budge from the apple logo, spinny thing, forcing me to hold the power button. also, now when i try increasing or decreasing the sound or screen brightness, it changes, but i can't "see it" happening. normally, you can see the bar, and it getting more full, or less full.

what is happening? my laptop is only close to 3 years old.

Have you done any maintenance on it? If not, may I suggest running some of the maintenance tasks in Onyx? In addition, you may want to try resetting the PRAM.

OP
Y
Reaction score
thnx,
yeah, ive done onyx, running the scripts and stuff. ill reset the pram asap!

thnx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Insert your OSX disc, hold down option key when restarting, and start from your disc. get disk utility from the utilities menu and repair HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.