Catalina, Mail not loading content

Reaction score
Hi
Since upgrading to Catalina Mail is very slow to load the content of incoming mail. Sometimes I have to open and close an incoming mail 3 or 4 times to see the content. This is happening on all accounts. I see the header but no content even if it is just a one line of text so not related to images, attachments or remote content. Any ideas?

Merci

Reaction score
Hey,

Close the Mail app completely and then hold the Shift and click on the Mail icon to open it in Safe Mode. Close Mail again, then hold Shift and open Mail again.

Finally, close the Mail again, then reboot your Mac. Open your Mail normally, I guess this will help to solve the content loading problem.

Or you can try to Go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts and turn off the mailing account then reboot the system and again add the mailing account in via System Preferences.

OP
M
Reaction score
Many thanks Ethan, that fixed it.

Hey,

Close the Mail app completely and then hold the Shift and click on the Mail icon to open it in Safe Mode. Close Mail again, then hold Shift and open Mail again.

Finally, close the Mail again, then reboot your Mac. Open your Mail normally, I guess this will help to solve the content loading problem.

Or you can try to Go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts and turn off the mailing account then reboot the system and again add the mailing account in via System Preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 iMac 24" M1 512/16/8/8 Sonoma. 2013 iMac 20.5" 3.1 i7 16GB Catalina. iPhone SE 3rd Gen
ethanjarvis

I was interested in this post as Mail has required a double click to fully launch it since Catalina was installed. I tried your fix and it solved the, minor, problem.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.