Configuration files / Security(new locations help Sox Catalina 10.15

Reaction score
I can't upgrade yet for Music purposes; plugin compatibility, protools problems, pathway tracers

But I'm at my friends house on his mac and, neither of us can figure out where to put these two new folders.

1. Configuration --> Private --> etc and var. Where do these two folders go; Idk how to access private, and do I have to make a new folder to stuff this in?

2. Security --> System and Usr. Same thing as above, how do I find out where these custom "incompatible-modified" files go. I mean they tell you the names to the original locations unlike problem No. 1 above, but they say to compare changes and to "combine them when possible." What do I do about this?

Please help somebody:Smirk::Smirk::Confused:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Are you referring to the "Relocated Items" folder that appears on the desktop after Catalina is installed? If so, note that the folder and included files are aliases and do not go anywhere. The original files and folders already exist elsewhere. Drag the Relocated Items folder to the Trash and delete it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.