Is it worth "downgrading" MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2018 MacBook Pro and I really don't like it. I find it frustrating in many ways, the lack of ports, the keyboard glitches, the touch bar, and I can't install Linux on it due to these "features" as well!

I'm looking to purchase the last model of 15" MacBook Pro before the design change, I'd get the most powerful one available, i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, R9 GPU (I believe?) to replace it.

Is this worth the potential downgrade in performance as it's a now an older machine, even though it has the same screen and better keyboard!

Thanks in advance,

MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar (Mid 2018), Quad-Core i5, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Run Linux in a VM if you need it, running it as your primary OS is a waste of an expensive machine. If the 2018 machine isn't to your liking, by all means, sell it and purchase an older machine. I've never had an issue with my 2016, 2017, or 2019 MBP with keyboard issues and using a decent hub to have the connectivity I needed. The overall performance boost of the machine is worth it for me for what I do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.