Nuisance refresh every 10 secs . Driving me mad

Reaction score
Hi

when I am working the screen will flash and the machine acts as if the return button has been hit . If i open a drop down it will disappear when the screen refreshes . So annoying . Have removed all apps that are new and installed a malware client . Still happening . Ahhhhh.

Woks fine in guest however

Please , any thoughts ?

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can you give us some additional details please?:

- What OS version are you running?
- What exact computer model do you have? For example not just "MacBook Pro" or "iMac"...but also exactly what model MacBook Pro or iMac.

If the issue does not happen when logged into a guest account...but does with your main account...could be a preference setting (maybe in "Accessibly")...or a 3rd party app installed.

Could also try downloading, installing, and running the app "Malwarebytes"...and see if it finds anything.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
As well as what Nick (pigoo3) asked for, please add the specific Mac OS X/OS X/macOS version, as there have been 15 versions released. And current will mean the version on your Mac, but that mean it is the most "current" version released. As far as your Mac, the model year will help also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Also, what do you have starting at login (System Prefs, Users & Groups, your account, Login items). If it's not happening in Guest, it is something you have installed in your account causing it.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Try "safe" mode. My guess is it's an app or preference. Do check startup apps as suggested and do let us know device and OS details. I would also consider download of Onyx and running that.

Sent from my iPhone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.