Replacement mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS 10.13.6 with 8Gb memory
As my mouse is as old as my iMac and at times needs several goes to open anything, I feel I ought to replace it before it packs up completely!

What do I need for a 21-inch iMac (mid 2011) with 2.7 GHz Intel core i5 and OS High Sierra? And where do I best get it from?

David

Reaction score
As my mouse is as old as my iMac and at times needs several goes to open anything, I feel I ought to replace it before it packs up completely!

What do I need for a 21-inch iMac (mid 2011) with 2.7 GHz Intel core i5 and OS High Sierra? And where do I best get it from?

Just about any mouse will work with your iMac, even most mice that only say that they are for Windows. The built-in MacOS mouse driver will work fine with most mice. However, it won't allow you to use any extra features (extra buttons) that a third party mouse might have.

If you want an really good third party mouse, at a dirt cheap price, I really like this one:

Logitech M310
$13
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-Full-Size-Wireless-Mouse-Red/350072922?athcpid=350072922
If you opt to pick it up at your local Walmart, shipping is free.
This is an ergonomic wireless, optical mouse with a scroll-wheel and two buttons. It will go for an entire year on only one AA battery!
The one downside to this mouse is that it is wireless, but not Bluetooth. The disadvantage to that is that the mouse's little tiny beaver-tooth RF receiver takes up a USB port in your Mac or in your keyboard or USB hub. The advantage is that RF mice are way more reliable and less finicky than BT mice.
Here is a Macintosh driver for this mouse:
Logitech Control Center for Macintosh® OS X - Logitech Support

If you want an Apple Magic Mouse, you can get one mailorder here for $79:

Apple Magic Mouse 2 Apple MLA02LL/A
$79
https://www.frys.com/product/8650130?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS 10.13.6 with 8Gb memory
Thanks, Randy. I’m not really up with the latest mouse technology, and all I want is a simple plug-in mouse like the one that came with my iMac. The ones I’ve seen online look much to fancy!

Also, here in London Eng the special offers in the US are not of much use to me!

David

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.