Flash Player works in Chrome but not in Safari

Reaction score
I had the problem before I upgraded to Yosemite. I've tried deleting and reinstalling. It's been months now since I messed with it, but I read and followed all the various instructions. But I still have the problem. If anyone can help I'd be grateful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Chrome has a built in Flash player and Safari does not you have to download it yourself and keep it updated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
And you should keep it up to date because Apple will disable flash once it get's too old or it is known to contain vulnerabilities.
I am now free of Flash in Safari for 2 years and I have not missed it for one moment.
If I need Flash on a very rare occasion, I launch Chrome.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I understand, I've always gone to the web site and clicked on install and followed the prompts. Am I missing something here? Is there another way I should be going about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
This link will help you further .....

Flash Player Help

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
A
Reaction score
Well MiBie, that's what I've been doing I just thought I would be more convenient if I had it in Safari, but your right I use it very infrequently. So I guess I'll just continue doing without it. Thanks all for your replies.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you fully quit and reopened Safari? If you don't, no number of reinstalls is going to help.

OP
A
Reaction score
OK here's what I did. You posted the Flash Player Help so I clicked on it and followed it's prompts, in the end I went to Safari Preferences and in Security I clicked on allow plug ins and I had flash player in Safari, so I turned it off again and will just turn it on as needed. Easy solution. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Make sure you keep Flash up to date because Apple will disable it once it gets too old.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
1. Tell us about your computer and operating system.

2. In System Preferences click on Flash Player, bottom libe, and advise version. For example on Yosemite current version is 15.0.0.223.

OP
A
Reaction score
Sorry but I can't figure out how to retrieve that information. Tell me how and I'd be happy to let you know. While I have confidence that it's the latest version, I'd like to be sure.:Smirk:

M

MacInWin

Open System Preferences. Flash should be there with an icon. Click the icon, the resulting panel will show the version. Something like "NPAPI Plug in version 15.0.0.223 installed." (That is the current version, btw)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Just follow that link I gave you ( Which you already confirmed you did ) and read the version number from the screen. :)

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.