Results 1 to 4 of 4
04-19-2018, 01:26 AM #1
Help me set up my first home network
- Member Since
- Oct 14, 2010
I bought my first home recently, and about two weeks out from officially moving in. With my first home comes a need for my first self-constructed network; connecting everything together is easy enough - getting it all operating at maximum potential is another. It's not my niche, so i'm hoping you guys can help.
A summary of parts:
- VDSL2 internet connection.
- TP-Link Archer VR900 AC1900 dual-band modem/router.
- 2012 Mac Mini, used primarily as a Pro Tools production machine. Secondarily used as a home-office computer.
- I also have an external hard drive attached to the Mac Mini, and I would like this HD to be accessible network wide.
- MacBook Pro and iPhone.
- other wifi network attached stuff (TV, security system, robovac, etc).
- to make use of the router's dual band capacity.
- just to have a network operating at maximum potential.
- and preferable, but not essential - one network for me and my stuff, another network for household guests.
If anybody can help me to configure this setup to best effect, I would be greatly appreciative.
- 04-19-2018, 03:17 PM #2
Rather than re-writing some of the instructions already written, just do some websearches and you may need to get specific with some variables, but you could start here using your own subject:
07-12-2018, 12:59 PM #3
- Member Since
- Jul 12, 2018
hi, I think the connection is new that is why there may be the problem in setup configuration so, I would suggest you check on Tenda Support Number for the technical issue related your home network, router, internet, wifi etc.
07-12-2018, 03:39 PM #4hi, I think the connection is new that is why there may be the problem in setup configuration
It could be, but I sure hope they got it working by now as their setup question was from almost three months ago now.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By zschwarzmiller in forum macOS - Operating SystemReplies: 5Last Post: 11-12-2009, 12:28 PM
By cartmeister in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 3Last Post: 03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
By strinos in forum Schweb's LoungeReplies: 19Last Post: 03-05-2008, 03:02 PM
By TheCustomer99 in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 2Last Post: 01-10-2007, 06:53 PM
By forza1 in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 15Last Post: 07-01-2006, 08:20 AM