Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VHS to DVD

VHS to DVD
    @Charlie I think you're right there. That's certainly the easiest route. If the OP has access to a Windows box the Windows version of VLC might work as well.

Anyone else finding the suggestions to use a Windows box, that also seems to be increasing in frequency, to do a job a Mac is no longer able to do rather disappointing and discouraging. Rather sad to me.

I remember not too long ago that Mac users could do many things that Windows users could only dream of doing. So times change and Apple just changes the direction of their macOS and its capabilities I guess.

But maybe that gives added reasons for keeping an older Mac and it's older OS X available for doing just such old type projects. At least one that actually has all the reqired ports that might be required and without spending a fortune on any required adapters.

- Patrick
    ======

VHS to DVD
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Thanks for that info. I only have one or two VHS tapes left and we gave away the player a few months ago and we don't even have a cable box anymore after cutting the cord recently. I'm not likely to need the software soon but it's handy to know what's available and working.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

VHS to DVD
    Does anyone know of any VHS to DVD software that will work with the upgrade to 64 bit Catalina?

This looks rather interesting, if they would sell the software separately. But maybe it's also available elsewhere if one can find out what it is.

VHS and Camcorder Video Capture Kit. For Mac OSX. Works with Catalina 10.15 (only kits bought after 11/11/2019), Mojave (10.14), High Sierra (10.13), Sierra (10.12), El Capitan (10.11). Includes USB capture hardware, leads and capture software. Links your existing VCR or Camcorder to your Apple Mac. Copy, Convert, Transfer VHS, S-VHS, VHS-C, Hi8, Digital8, Video8, Mini-DV and Betamax. For all iMac, Macbook Pro, Mini and Pro models. Includes video tutorial and digital download link for Macs without DVD drives. Not compatible with Mac OS High Sierra 10.13

Robot Check

- Patrick
    ======

VHS to DVD
    Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    This looks rather interesting, if they would sell the software separately.
    Getting just the software wouldn't buy you anything.

For these devices you need to get the hardware and software as a package - chances that this software will work with some dongle you already have are pretty much nil

The ad doesn't show you a picture of the dongle or the name and model - just that it uses the VHS recorder/player composite outputs.
    The EasyCapViewer I have has those composite inputs as well but also an S-VHS input, so that dongle for instance is unlikely to work with this software.

Thread Information