Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Smile Moving jpg files to iCloud
    A while back, I added many photographs to my macbook air. They were initially in Picasa. I would like to put all of them in iCloud, but they are not in Photos. The images are in folders and are not in the library. I cannot seem to find a set of instructions on how to move them safely. Is there help? Currently, the images are listed in Finder folder entitled 'Pictures'.Thanks in advance.

Moving jpg files to iCloud
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    A warm welcome to Mac-Forums and thank you for your post.

As I recall it, Picasa, doesn't store the images but edits/modifies them and the creates aliases to the original, thus providing a non-destructive service.

So, as I see it, you need to navigate to the originals (which you say are in a Folder within "Pictures") and these are what you need to import to Photos app. When done, go into Photos' System Preferences > iCloud and check the box "iCloud Photos" to secure upload to iCloud.

To import these to the Photos app, open Photos > File > Import > Navigate to the Pictures Folder.

NB If you have a large number of photographs, videos etc, their upload can take a long time. AND, make sure you have enough iCloud Storage to accommodate them along with anything else you may be syncing to the iCloud.

Any more info or detail, please ask.

Ian
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    A warm welcome to Mac-Forums and thank you for your post.

As I recall it, Picasa, doesn't store the images but edits/modifies them and the creates aliases to the original, thus providing a non-destructive service.

So, as I see it, you need to navigate to the originals (which you say are in a Folder within "Pictures") and these are what you need to import to Photos app. When done, go into Photos' System Preferences > iCloud and check the box "iCloud Photos" to secure upload to iCloud.

To import these to the Photos app, open Photos > File > Import > Navigate to the Pictures Folder.

NB If you have a large number of photographs, videos etc, their upload can take a long time. AND, make sure you have enough iCloud Storage to accommodate them along with anything else you may be syncing to the iCloud.

Any more info or detail, please ask.

Ian
    When clicking 'import', the options are import to either 'new album' or library. I am keeping the folder organization. I am assuming the library option. Correct? Bob Hearn

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Import to Library.

Ian
    Ian

Thread Information