Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

New iPad 6 - can't log in here

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBookPro 15", Original iPad, iPad 6, iPhone 5
    Obviously logged in using my MacBookPro at the moment.

Have tried to log in with my new iPad 6 but no luck. I'm confused. Is my user name DianeVan or my email address? I do know my password. 99% sure.

Second question - Do you have an app? What's the benefit of it instead of through Firefox?

Help please. Thanks.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Hi Diane:

Logging into our forums from your iPad is the same as when you log in from your MacBook Pro: Your user name "DianeVan" and then your password.

And yes, we do have an app which is a free download from the iOS App Store: "Mac-Forums app"

I do not use Firefox either for my Mac or iPhone/iPad Pro. On my iPhone and iPad Pro, I use Safari simply because my bookmarks will sync through iCloud from my Mac to my iOS devices if I choose to do so. That handy option does not work for Firefox.

Your Mac's Specs
    Thanks for your help. I'm off for appointments all day, but I'll work on this and my other set up issues with my new iPad when I get home.

My log in problems are mostly caused by the automatic sign in that my MacBookPro does either through keychain, Firefox or Google Mail, it's hard to know which. I do write down my passwords and log ins in a little note book, but after months or years of automatically signing in everywhere I just forget. Or maybe there are changes and I don't update my little book. I tried an automatic password generator and saver but it seemed too complicated.

I guess I should just stick to Apple - Safari and Mail like you suggest and simplify my life. It's just hard to change and get used to new stuff, being a little old lady!

I'll get back to you with more questions if I still have issues. Moving from first generation iPad to iPad 6 is quite a transition for me.

Thanks so much,
    Diane

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeVan View Post
    Thanks for your help. I'm off for appointments all day, but I'll work on this and my other set up issues with my new iPad when I get home.

My log in problems are mostly caused by the automatic sign in that my MacBookPro does either through keychain, Firefox or Google Mail, it's hard to know which. I do write down my passwords and log ins in a little note book, but after months or years of automatically signing in everywhere I just forget. Or maybe there are changes and I don't update my little book. I tried an automatic password generator and saver but it seemed too complicated.

I guess I should just stick to Apple - Safari and Mail like you suggest and simplify my life. It's just hard to change and get used to new stuff, being a little old lady!

I'll get back to you with more questions if I still have issues. Moving from first generation iPad to iPad 6 is quite a transition for me.

Thanks so much,
    Diane
    Yeah. I downloaded the app. And I am in. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Great. Now you can scan thru our forums with your new iPad. Just relax in your favorite chair with your iPad and join in!

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeVan View Post
    Yeah. I downloaded the app. And I am in. Thanks
    Very nice!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    If you log in to your Firefox account, it will sync all your info across your devices.

Bob -

-- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    Thanks Bob for the further information. Iím learning lots. Some apps are better on this little screen size and organization wise and some links are easier for me through Firefox. Good thing Iím retired and have lots of time to play.

Thread Information