Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Investing in Apple

Your Mac's Specs
    Processor : 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory : 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz Graphics : Intel Iris 1536 MB Storage
    Investing in Apple
    Im not really sure what a switcher is relating to the title of this forum thread, but i wanted to ask some advice, i Use predominantly non apple and mac items, but as I have assisted more and more people with their products ive learnt a few things and as i have stated before im growing to like apple.

What is a good entry level ( current Phone) Something thats not going to kill my pockets, and even a laptop as a workstation for web development and probably more important to this question, running 3d modding programs on.

Investing in Apple
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Well, a switcher, is someone switching from another device manufacturer to Apple/Mac. So this forum should work for your query.

You will have to confirm your modeling programs have versions for macOS. As anything that is processor intensive will require better performance, you will need to set up your expectations and communicate that to us? Do you want a dual core, quad core, or more? Do you need more ram than 16GB? Video cards also affect what is being done, so will you need more video ram? Does it have to be portable? What is the maximum you will be able to spend?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Investing in Apple
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by gimli View Post
    What is a good entry level ( current Phone) Something thats not going to kill my pockets...
    iPhone SE

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Investing in Apple
    What about something like a used iPhone 6S???

The same for any laptop, look for some good used ones or checkout Apple's "Refurbished" online Store for some good savings.

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information