Angry White box on my screen
    I have a white box on my screen with a loading circle that never goes away any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by chscag; 05-10-2016 at 02:09 PM.

White box on my screen
    Your Mac's Specs
    iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolution One View Post
    I have a white box on my screen with a loading circle that never goes away any help would be greatly appreciated.

Remove the white box from your screen and all will be well.
    < facepalm >

We are not magicians mate and it takes 2 hands to clap.....you need to help us help you.
    You could at least provide a bit more info.

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 6.03.46 pm.png

This is a photo of the culprit. I apologise for my lack of explanation I can see how vague I was being. I cannot interact with the box whatsoever and I also thought it may have been a program that I could force quit but there is nothing coming up. I have searched to see if I could find a fix myself but have come up empty-handed. It remains after a full shutdown and is visible over everything i open on screen.

White box on my screen
    Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Restart.

What is your OS version?

If you click on the white box, does the application name appear in the upper left next to the Apple logo in the menu?

OS 10.9.5 and no i can't interact with it at all.

White box on my screen
    Your Mac's Specs
    iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
    Can you launch ActivityMonitor.app from Applications/Utilities, sort by CPU and can you post a print screen.
    That screen belongs to an app so it has to show up in ActivityMonitor.
    Second source of info is to launch Console.App from Applications/Utilities and see if there is anything in the logfile.

I would start my investigation there.

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

White box on my screen
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    As a follow-up to McBie's excellent suggestions launch Activity Monitor as soon as the Mac boots and sort by CPU use. Whatever app or process that is causing this will likely jump to the top of the list or very near it.

Also, by way of additional information, does this problem happen every time you log into your account? If it does go to the Users and Groups preference pane in Preferences and see what is listed under the login items for your account.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

White box on my screen

This looks like a Quick Look preview, there may be Quick Look plugins doing the damage. You can check /Library/QuickLook/ or ~/Library/QuickLook/ for any weird looking plugins.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

White box on my screen
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    This looks like a Quick Look preview, there may be Quick Look plugins doing the damage. You can check /Library/QuickLook/ or ~/Library/QuickLook/ for any weird looking plugins.
    Good catch. I should have thought of that possibility. I use that feature all the time.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

White box on my screen

Have you tried deleting the /Home/Library/Caches//com.apple.QuickLookDaemon/ folder? Do that and see if it helps. You should restart after removing it. Could be a corrupted cache file causing the problem. You might also get rid of the /Home/Library/Preferences/com.apple.QuickLookDaemon.plist preference file.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

Has this been fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolution One View Post
    Hey! I am having the same exact thing happen. I used some of the advice on the thread. Did any of it work for you?

White box on my screen
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Welcome to the forum. This thread is three years old, and the version of macOS is 6 versions back. You might be better served by starting a new thread and explaining exactly you are seeing, what Mac, what version of the OS, what did you do just before the problem, etc.
    Jake

Thread Information