Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

creating folders
    I just got my MAC and I'm having difficulty navigating it. I had all my documents transferred from my PC and I can see them on the MAC, but I can't seem to move things in and out of the folders.
    Any suggestions? Is there a "primer" or manual that you can read to teach you how to do this?

creating folders
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    Where on your Mac (not all caps, btw) are you seeing your files? How are you trying to move them? The way it should work is, you see them in the Finder and you drag and drop to move files around. If you don't have right-clicking enabled, do so in System Preferences from the Apple menu (top left of your menu bar). Then you can right click to copy and paste (or copy and Option+right click to move).

creating folders
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
    Where on your Mac (not all caps, btw) are you seeing your files? How are you trying to move them? The way it should work is, you see them in the Finder and you drag and drop to move files around. If you don't have right-clicking enabled, do so in System Preferences from the Apple menu (top left of your menu bar). Then you can right click to copy and paste (or copy and Option+right click to move).
    If you are trying to move your files into many of the default folders that show up on a new Mac, you may find that they are not open to you - System, Library (which is likely not even visible) and so on. Create some folders of your own (right click and select New Folder) and then you should be able to drag and drop your files into them. You can create folders inside of folders, so you can get quite organized.
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

David A Cox has a bunch of tutorials on YouTube.

Thread Information