Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mouse moves but can't left click
    My mouse is not working properly... It can be moved, but I can only right click on it. I even tried buying a new mouse, and the same thing is happening. Help?

Your Mac's Specs
    27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
    Check you mouse settings in System Preferences, the left click may be set to off.
     Machine Specs: 27" i7 iMac 5K Retina | 32 GB 1867 7 Mz DDR3 SD Ram | 3 TB Fusion Drive | AMD Radeon R9 M395 with 2 GB Video Memory | Magic Mouse 2 | Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad | macOS Mojave 10.14.1 | iPhone 4S 16 GB iOS 9.3.5 | iPad 7 with 128 GB Ram. iOS 12.1

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade Drive, OS X.15.4,.
    And also USB or wifeless mouse?
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Your Mac's Specs
    I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
    Have you checked this in Preferences> Mouse
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have tried to go to system preferences, but cannot make any changes because I can only right click. I am using a USB mouse. I brought it to the apple repair place and it had no problem at all, with both wired and wireless mouse. I brought it home, and I still have the same problem! What to do??

Here's the answer...
    well most likely the answer anyway.

A bluetooth device (cellphone?, magic trackpad?) nearby is having issues communicating with your mac, probably because the battery is almost flat, or there is some interference. Turn off the device or replace the batteries (or disable bluetooth on your computer) and your left click should start working again.

Disabling bluetooth worked for me
    Lizardchaser's response was perfect. That solved my problem. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardchaser View Post

A bluetooth device (cellphone?, magic trackpad?) nearby is having issues communicating with your mac, probably because the battery is almost flat, or there is some interference. Turn off the device or replace the batteries (or disable bluetooth on your computer) and your left click should start working again.

Your Mac's Specs
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    And also USB or wifeless mouse?
    Autocorrect FTW!
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

SOLVED - Second bluetooth mouse in the vicinity.
    It seems that my "mobile" bluetooth magic mouse was in my backpack, within range of my iMac, and turned on. It was interfering with my iMac mouse.

Thanks a million.
    brs

Solved
    Quote Originally Posted by CateNip View Post
    My mouse is not working properly... It can be moved, but I can only right click on it. I even tried buying a new mouse, and the same thing is happening. Help?
    Exactly the same happened to a Macbook on the kitchen table this morning when I noticed the power supply (the transformer unit) was right next it on the cramped table, moving it away and problem was solved. Never seen anything like this before!

Solved
    Most likely cause, Another of your peripherals is interfering with your mac, in my case heavy weight was placed on top of my track pad (causing the click event left mouse down) removed weight and I was good to go.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade Drive, OS X.15.4,.
    Well after six years I guess they bhad solved it!
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

I know this is old, but - very impressive! 1st post, joined the forum to reply, and nailed it!

Quote Originally Posted by kevincbase View Post
    Solved
    Most likely cause, Another of your peripherals is interfering with your mac, in my case heavy weight was placed on top of my track pad (causing the click event left mouse down) removed weight and I was good to go.
    Useful post to add to this old thread. One more cause for the behavior described exposed. And, another first post with good info!

No left click

I have an Apple Keyboard (runs on batteries). So I don't think I can disable bluetooth. Do you have any other suggestioins. Thanks.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    The suggestions are not to disable any BT devices, but to remove or just move potential sources of interference. Things like wireless telephones, other BT devices, anything that transmit a signal, etc. I take it your mouse is not working? Or is something else the issue (you didn't say, exactly)?
    Jake

Thread Information