Touch pad sensitivity
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBA 1.7 GHz Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Lion 10.7.4; Thunderbolt Display; 2011 iMac base w/SSD
    Touch pad sensitivity
    I'm using a MBA with Lion and external apple touch pad. Is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the touch pad?

what do you wanna do?
    I find it perfect!! couldn't be better type.

Touch pad sensitivity
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBA 1.7 GHz Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Lion 10.7.4; Thunderbolt Display; 2011 iMac base w/SSD
    If I could adjust it I would make it slightly less sensitive. I find that I often execute a program or open a file without intending to do so. I don't use the click feature - prefer tap. But my question is - can the sensitivity be adjusted?

Touch pad sensitivity
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Quote Originally Posted by rpg51 View Post
    If I could adjust it I would make it slightly less sensitive. I find that I often execute a program or open a file without intending to do so. I don't use the click feature - prefer tap. But my question is - can the sensitivity be adjusted?
    I have the same problem. In fact I avoided using the trackpad on my 2008 MB Pro for that reason.

If you cannot get things adjusted the way you like with the system preferences you might try BetterTouchTool. It has helped me with some of the issues I had.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Touch pad sensitivity
    Your Mac's Specs
    Its funny because I do not have this problem when using the built in touch pad. I've also been noticing that the performance is inconsistent - sometimes the slightest touch executes a command and other times I have to really tap hard. If I can't get this sorted out I may reluctantly have to return it and use a mouse when I am running in clamshell mode with an external monitor. I'll check out that link. Thanks.

Edit - did check out that BTT but it does not appear to permit adjustment of the touch sensitivity. I am beginning to think that it might have something to do with the wireless aspect. I am noticing even with the wireless keyboard I have very slight delays here and there. Sometimes when I press a key it takes a bit for the character to appear on the screen. Annoying.

I'll poke around the internet and see what I can find but this is starting to bother me.

Touch pad sensitivity
    Your Mac's Specs
    I've searched all around and I am unable to find a way to adjust the sensitivity of the pad when you tap to execute a command. Surprising. If anyone comes up with something let me know.

Touch pad sensitivity
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15, 2.2ghz, 4G ram 10.9
    If you do have to change it out for a mouse, let me recommend the magic mouse. I do love the swipe and scroll features on it. I currently use the magic mouse when I am doing extensive mouse work in a document and use the laptop touchpad for everything else.

Thread Information