Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't bother with an Apple Mouse
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceYouGoMac View Post
    I must admit, in my opinion, Microsoft makes a mean mouse.
    They do. I have used several Microsoft mice, and I have been very happy with them. They feel solid, and it's easy on the hand. I think I still have one, but it required a separate dongle that wouldn't work with my Mac (no driver for it).

Your Mac's Specs
    Macbook Pro 15" 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB Ram Running Snow Leopard
    I've been using my Mighty Mouse (bluetooth) for 2 years...never cleaned it. Works great! I'm really happy with it overall.

I also gave up on it. It was getting old having to clean it every week so I went with a mouse from radio shack.

Your Mac's Specs
    Macbook Pro 13"
    The Magic Mouse with third party software is amazing.

I've used a Mighty Mouse, and I did not like it...

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
    I have only had a IMac since Dec 14, but I have already gone through two Apple mice (mouses?). The thumb roller went out or got bumpy on both.
    The Magic Mouse that came with the IMac still works, but the bluetooth connection is too flakey and isn't usable in bootcamp or parallels.

Strange, since the quality of the system hardware is top notch. Now if Apple only would start making keyboards.

But an ordinary Logitech mouse works fine.

Your Mac's Specs
    Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    Jaygray- the roller ball everyone is complaining about is actually the scroll wheel on the Mighty Mouse. The Mouse itself is optical.

I regularly used 4 Mighty Mouses (Mice?) over more than two years. I wound up getting 3 replacements from Apple during that time, if memory serves. The mice I replaced were clearly defective, click functions would no longer work. As to the roller ball scroll wheel, I had to clean them every so often. I just used denatured alcohol on a cloth. That cleared up the scrolling problems just fine.

I now have 4 Magic Mouses, and yes, I like them a whole lot better. And, so far they've all worked perfectly.
    And you've put up with that kind of crap! Amazing - I've had one Logitech wireless mouse for the past zillion years, which has seen me through three PCs and is now used with the iMac - I had wrist strain with the MM after half an hour - I wouldn't give an Apple mouse house room - they suck. Very pretty but functionally useless.

Mighty Mouse not so
    My point in the original post is that Apple with it's elegant design and relatively well functioning software should be able to make a better mouse (trap).

Given the comments, it appears that apple's mice are an triumph of style over functionality. I would prefer the reverse and perhaps a replacement mouse that worked for a couple of years without fidgeting.

Thread Information