Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Mojave and Onyx compatibilty

Your Mac's Specs
    2016 13" MBP 2.0 i5 250Gb SSD 8Gb Ram
    Hi, just purchased a 2016 13" MBP running Mojave. My old 2011 MBP was running High Sierra before the GPU failure which caused me to purchase a newer model MBP. I was using Onyx as a maintenance app to clean things up on the 2011. I know that the version of Onyx for High Sierra differs than that for Mojave. In reading up on the subject I came across articles about possible system issues if installing the Onyx software for Mojave. Are there any ? Can I safely download Onyx for Mojave without experiencing any system issues on my machine. Should I install Onyx ? Would appreciate any insight on the subject. I also have and run Malwarebytes as well.
    Thanks for any and all replies in advance.

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    I have Onyx installed under Mojave and have not experienced any issues. Make sure that you have the correct version though. Each time there is a major change to the OS (Sierra, Hitgh Sierra, etc.) a new version of Onyx is reeleased specifically for that OS.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    As Slydude states, make sure you download and install the proper version for Mojave. Even if you were to mistakenly download the wrong version, it will warn you and not run. As far as I'm aware, the current version of Malwarebytes works with Mojave so you do not need to upgrade that.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    Quote Originally Posted by WW4B View Post
    Hi, just purchased a 2016 13" MBP running Mojave. My old 2011 MBP was running High Sierra before the GPU failure which caused me to purchase a newer model MBP. I was using Onyx as a maintenance app to clean things up on the 2011. I know that the version of Onyx for High Sierra differs than that for Mojave. In reading up on the subject I came across articles about possible system issues if installing the Onyx software for Mojave. Are there any ? Can I safely download Onyx for Mojave without experiencing any system issues on my machine. Should I install Onyx ? Would appreciate any insight on the subject. I also have and run Malwarebytes as well.
    Thanks for any and all replies in advance.
    Just as an FYI, Maintenance (also from Titanium), https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/maintenance.html, is the same "Maintenance" tab as in OnyX.

Maintenance: Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 9.28.17 AM.png

or OnyX: Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 9.28.22 AM.png

the only difference is that Onyx also offers the ability from the "Deeper" app, (also from Titanium) which tweaks some of macOS's hidden functions.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Interesting find, Bob

Ian
    Ian

Thread Information