How to secure a laptop?
    My old macbook pro is set to go on lock-down (or whatever you call it) after 30 minutes but sometimes I want to manually lock it down without turning it off when I walk away from it to keep prying eyes out of it. How can I do that or what other options are there?

How to secure a laptop?
    No idea what Mac you have. But, depending on the age, you can hit some combination of CMD+CTRL+q or CMD+SHIFT+Power or CMD+SHIFT+Eject or CMD+OPT+Power or CMD+OPT+Eject and that will lock the computer.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

thanks man!
    for mine it turns out to be Option–Command–Power to put it to sleep, and Control-Command-Q to immediately lock your screen.

How to secure a laptop?
    Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    No idea what Mac you have. But, depending on the age, you can hit some combination of CMD+CTRL+q or CMD+SHIFT+Power or CMD+SHIFT+Eject or CMD+OPT+Power or CMD+OPT+Eject and that will lock the computer.
    You can also set a hotspot in one of the corners that activates "Lock Screen" when the mouse is moved into it. It's set via the Screen Saver preferences.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information