batim.app keylogger?
    During an upgrade to OS Catalina I observed a popup for an app named BATIM requesting access for keylogging permissions. This disappeared almost immediately. On checking privacy settings in Security and Privacy I noted that the app BATIM.app had an unchecked option in the input monitoring field. I am guessing that this was active in the last OS running on my Macbook.

My son had installed a game 'Bendy And the Ink Machine' (BATIM). is this actually malware? Why would this game have a legitimate reason to monitor input devices?

Screenshot 2020-01-08 09.08.25.png

batim.app keylogger?
    That's a game and not a keylogger. The Input Monitoring security access allows applications to monitor what keystrokes are being hit beyond what is usually piped into the application during normal use. It's hard to know exactly why the application needs access, but if you don't wish to use the application and/or if the application works without giving that extra permission, then leave it as it is.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

batim.app keylogger?
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    Does your son have a separate user (non admin) account? Or are you using a non admin account? If so, then you should be ok.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

batim.app keylogger?
    Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    I have that same game installed and it's nothing to worry about. I was a bit bothered at first when a couple other games started popping up as requesting to monitor input while using other apps, but when I mentioned it in another thread, someone gave a reasonable explanation for why they do that. Unfortunately I can't recall what that reason was, but I'll post back if I can dig it up. Anyway, I've been disallowing it and haven't seen any problems as a consequence, but there doesn't seem to be anything nefarious afoot regardless.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information