Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Safari Recurring Cookie
    So I have a cookie that if I clear all my cookies, browsing data, history, cache—when I relaunch the browser, it reappears.

I have several of them; one from Cafe Press & another from a game. I have checked literally everywhere; I searched my folders. I deleted data in the local db cache folders manually; I checked all extensions, plugins, etc.

Whenever I launch my browser, these cookies magically reappear right away. I am on Mojave Safari 12.1
    Underneath the cookie name says "Plug-ins".
    This leads me to believe there is some magically hidden plugins for this store & game, that is allowing them to generate a cookie anytime the browser is opened. The problem like I said is that these plugins are NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHERE to be found.
    They're not in preferences, extensions, security, websites, or anywhere else. They are literally absolutely nowhere, but clearly they are magically somewhere else relaunching and infiltrating my browser with cookies.

I do not appreciate it, and I would like to know how to remove these plug-ins that are not anywhere to be found in any of the standardized places. I used spotlight to search for them as well and they don't show up.

Please help. This is a meeeeeeeeeeeega security breach; I cannot even believe I am using a browser, that I have every right to use, as a developer in 2019 with hidden plugins inaccessible or removable from AAAAAANYWHERE planting cookies and data into my system on a Mac without any single trace of them anywhere to be found for user management & security assessment.

This is disgusting.

Safari Recurring Cookie
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    Do you have "Block all cookies" enabled? Are these websites stored in Favorites/Bookmarks?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

I don't want to block all cookies. And I don't see the connection between a bookmark and a plugin recreating a cookie every time the browser starts.
    Underneath the cookie it says it was generated from "Plug-ins". Thank you. I am very very very angry.

Safari Recurring Cookie
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    @antago

Firstly, a warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

I have the greatest sympathy for your predicament. These are always difficult things to sort out.

If I suggest some options please don't decry me even if you have tried them yourself.

First off, I assume that you have rebooted your Mac. Then:

(a) you have Safari > Preferences > Extensions and disabled any that could account for this.

(b) you have Safari > Develop > Empty caches

(c) you have Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data > and removed all Data from there that you don't want or understand

Let's take that for granted.

Next: download OnyX from here: Titanium Software | Operating system utilities for Mac - OnyX and make sure that you get the version specific to your Operating System (OS).

This is a safe and highly regarded, free, app. Download, Open, Admin PW, and choose Maintenance > Execute and let it run. It will automatically reboot your Mac when finished.

Then let us know if your problem persists, please.

If you have followed these steps, all should be well.

But there are other things available if ALL these fail.

Ian

PS Latest version of Safari is 12.1.1
    Ian

Safari Recurring Cookie
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Did you check here?

Macintosh HD/Library/Internet Plug-ins

Note: The library shown above is not your user library.

I show 10 active and 2 inactive Plug-ins on my machine in that location.

Thread Information